POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Penultimate 'Beach' Pic (50.2kb bu) : Penultimate 'Beach' Pic (50.2kb bu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 10:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Penultimate 'Beach' Pic (50.2kb bu)
From: Kevin Ellis
Date: 7 Dec 2000 12:25:11
Message: <3a2fc7f7@news.povray.org>
Howdy everybody,

Well I promise this will almost definitely be the last WIP pic of the beach,
and I can say that with almost certainty. The next one (if I ever finish it)
will more than likely be the last, maybe :)

Well I sorted out the sand below the water and the sand/water line itself.
The clouds have changed quite a bit, I changed them from wrinkles to bozo. I
also scaled down the water quite a lot. There is just one more object to
finish coding and add and then I can get on with the final render.

Right the three problems I know of for this pic are
1: Clouds are too bright
2: Resolution or AA settings need to be increased (but this was only a test)
3: I'm still not totally happy with the wet/dry sand line (any hints?)

I'm sure people can come up with a few more. Render time was just over 5hrs
on PIII 667. It should have been 800*450 but I had to stop the render here
before I left work.

Enjoy, and as usual, comments and criticisms more than welcome.

Kev

http://web.libertysurf.co.uk/kevin.ellis

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: